Work with us
Join a highly motivated team of talented people.
APS & Associates is seeking a Senior Associate to lead the firm’s policy and research department. The role will also support the firm’s communications client work. The Senior Associate will develop and implement strategies to strengthen the research and earned media services across a range of political, corporate, government, and other clients. Given the dynamic, fast-paced environment of public affairs, this position may include additional responsibilities not included below.
- Direct organization’s research, policy, and writing materials
- Create comprehensive research & writing products including memos, remarks, and press releases
- Serve as final editor on writing, research, and earned media products to clients
- Provide guidance and feedback to other research and design needs
- Monitor legislative bodies and submit summaries for applicable client reports
- Conduct general research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s movements
- Assist in earned, paid, and social media relationships and content creation
- General management of multiple client projects, relationships, and daily needs
- Support firm’s President and Vice President in business development and other projects
- An experienced professional with a passion for the job, a flexible team player, and able to employ
- unique research and writings.
- Bachelor's Degree in public policy, economics, political science, journalism, or relevant field required;
- Master’s or Advanced Degree preferred; 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of governance and institutional processes and legislative initiatives
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven experience as research director or associate
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends) and Google Adword
- Professional chartered researcher and quantitative / qualitative systems experience (e.g. SPSS, GIS) preferred
APS & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. People of all racial and cultural identities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
APS & Associates offers a competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus benefits that include medical and dental coverage, as well as a stipend for vision coverage. Those interested in applying should send an email expressing interest with a 2-3 page writing sample and resume to Rachel@APSandAssociates.com.